Tulsa, Oklahoma is known for its rich, vibrant culture and incredible music scene. From smooth jazz to heartfelt blues, Tulsa attracts some of the hottest musicians from around the world. Here are some of the best music venues in Tulsa to catch some live music.
Tulsa boasts a plethora of outstanding music venues, featuring both massive auditoriums and the iconic underground clubs.
Best Music Venues in Tulsa:
- Cain’s Ballroom: Cain’s Ballroom has a rustic, underground vibe, while attracting some of the top names in music. From Tech N9ne to Yonder Mountain String Band, even the Sex Pistols have made an appearance. Considered an icon in Tulsa, it’s particularly well known for its western swing music and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Vanguard: Conveniently located on Main Street, the Vanguard is one of the best places in Tulsa to catch a show. With smoky stages and dim. dingy lighting, the ambiance is reminiscent of an old jazz club. A small and cozy venue that manages to land some of the biggest talent, you’ll have a great view of the show, no matter your location in the venue. Widely known for their phenomenal acoustics, the sounds resonate off the walls, giving everyone the crystal clear sound of a front row seat.
- Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame: Located in a cathedral-like building, the Jazz Hall of Fame is much more than just a venue. With fine wine, gourmet food, and some of the most talented jazz musicians from around the globe, people often travel hundreds of miles just to see some music.
- BOK Center: For the biggest names in music, BOK Center is the place to go. BOK Center is the prime spot to catch superstars like Justin Bieber and Kanye West. Seating 19,199 people, the stadium seats are tiered to ensure everyone has a perfect view of the stage. Whether you’re into pop music, punk, hip-hop, or rock n’ roll, the BOK Center attracts the most famous and talented musicians from around the world.
- The Brady Theater: The Brady Theater lands a lot of big talent. With performances by John Mellencamp, Tori Kelly, and Lamb of God, it’s the ideal venue to see a top-name musician, while escaping the overwhelming nature of a stadium. With an upstairs and downstairs section, the venue is equipped to handle 4,200 people.
- The Shrine: Are you looking for a low-key night to catch some local music for a good price? The Shrine has got you covered. This dimly lit concert venue attracts great music, while giving you that underground dive bar ambiance. With a full bar, urban décor, and a close-knit feel, it’s no wonder the Shrine is such a hit among locals.
- The Fur Shop: The Fur Shop is the ideal spot for a raucous night on the town. Whether you’re a Tulsa local or just passing through, the Fur Shop is an iconic spot that’s a must-visit for music lovers. With a full bar stocked with some of Oklahoma’s finest microbrews, the Fur Shop hosts premium local talent from around the Tulsa region.
- The Yeti Saloon: Though technically a bar, the Yeti Saloon attracts some excellent local bands, while keeping their ticket prices low. From hip-hop and jazz to rock and psychedelic, the Yeti caters to a vast array of musical interests. Graffiti covering the walls, smoke drifting through the air, and small, cozy stage tying the room together, the Yeti is a local favorite for underground music.
Tulsa, Oklahoma is widely known for their phenomenal music scene. With a propensity towards jazz and western swing, Tulsa attracts some of the biggest names in the music industry.
Whether you’re in search of a stadium concert hosting a world-renowned superstar or looking to have a chill night on the town exploring the hottest local talent, Tulsa has superb music venues to cater to virtually any musical preference.